Guerrilla Trek with Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve Trek
6 - 19 Days
The Guerilla Trek is an opportunity to visit extremely rural and beautiful Nepali villages that have been untouched by tourists. Taking you through the breathtaking plains of Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve, one of the few places in the world to see Bahral, the famous blue sheep. Follow the trails on which Maoist rebels marched and set up their headquarters during the civil war between 1996 -2006, this trek is an opportunity to learn about recent Nepali history, visit significant sites and meet survivors of the Guerilla war. Whilst staying in homestays with Nepali families you'll have the opportunity to learn about rich culture, traditions and language. The trek can be tailored to fit your schedule with options ranging from 6 to 19 days. This trek will take you more rural than any other, at times walking through forests for hours without seeing any other people.
Despite its incredible beauty Dhorpatan is unexplored, a common misconception is that it’s exclusively for hunting however this national park has far more to offer. Locals in these areas have not benefited from the tourism boom in Pokhara and surrounding areas. For this reason poverty is strife in these. By helping to pioneer the new Guerilla trek you’ll be planting the seeds of tourism in these war affected areas brining awareness and support to the communities.
Guerrilla Trek (6 to 19 ) days
For only six days = $675per person
For nineteen days=$1700 per person
Itinerary 6-19 Days
- Day 1 Drive from Pokhara to Darbang(1070m)
- Day 2 Darbangto Limsung (2190m)/Moreni (2275m) Stay in overnight in lodge.
- Day 3 Limsung/ Moreni to Dhorpatan(2870m) Incredible views of Dhorpatan whilst walking through dense pine forests. Visit a Tibetan refugee camp in Dhorpatan. Stay overnight in lodge. Wake up to a sunrise across the stunning Dhorpatan plains.
- Day 4 Dhorpatan to Thankur(3175m), via Pha gune pass(3913m) and view point of Dogari,Pyuthan and Churen Himal. Stay overnight in lodge.
- Day 5 Thankur to Pelma (2425m). Stay overnight in lodge.
- Day 6 Pelma to Maikot(2300m), Maikot is one of the biggest Ethnic Kham Magar Village of Nepal. Stay overnight in homestay.
- Day 7 Maikot to Kharbang(2090m). Stay overnight in homestay.
- Day 8 Kharbang to Chargaon(Kharang) (1730m) Stay overnight in homestay.
- Day 9 Chargaon to Pokhara(1170m) Here after a day trekking you can soothe your muscles in hot springs. Stay overnight in homestay.
- Day 10 Pokhara to Syapru Lake(1305m) Take a swim in Syapru lake and visit Simalchhari waterfall
- Day 11 Syapru Lake to Muskot Khalanga(1500m)(Kartik Purnima Fair). Stay overnight in hotel.
- Day 12 Khalang to Rukumkot (1515m). Stay in hotel/ (with Project Trust volunteers)
- Day 13 Rukumkot to Jambabagar(1335m). Stay overnight in hotel.
- Day14 Jambabagar to Dharmasala(Pipldhunga)2005m. Stay overnight in hotel.
- Day 15 Dharmasala to Niseldhor (2620m). Niseldhor, deserted during monsoons, is a paradise for birds lovers. Passing back into Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve through Taka Sera. Stay in homestay.
- Day 16 Niseldhor to Jhiwakhola. A perfect place to pick up some fruit and snacks for the hike up to Arnakot. Stay in homestay.
- Day 17 Jhowakhola to Arnakot. A beautiful and friendly village where you can visit the primary school and even teach a lesson! Stay with Deepa/Jham.
- Day 18 Arnakot to Tari. Stay overnight in homestay.
- Day 19 Tari to Drive back to Pokhara